Get your protein and delicious taste all in one with this easy 4 ingredient protein shake made with bananas. Enjoy a perfect blend of natural sweetness and essential nutrients in this smoothie that can be prepared in only a few minutes, making it perfect for any time of the day.
How to make a banana protein shake
Making a delicious protein shake is easy. Begin by gathering all the ingredients you need for your shake:
🍌 1 medium or 1.5 small bananas (frozen or add ice)
🍌 1 scoop of pure pea protein powder
🍌 1 tablespoon of almond butter
🍌 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
🍌 1.5 cups of water (I don't really count water as an "ingredient", this is why I say 4 ingredients only)
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Finally, add a few ice cubes to give your shake an extra blast of coldness. Serve in a large glass or shaker bottle and enjoy!
A single serving of this banana protein shake contains approximately. 370 calories
• 30g of protein. The protein content comes from the plant milk, almond butter, and high quality protein powder to help your body repair and stay strong
• 45g of carbs. The carbs are mostly from the banana and sugar
• 10g of fat. The fat is mostly from the almond butter
Banana Protein Shake Recipe Tips
✨ Use almond milk or any other plant milk instead of water for extra creaminess
✨ Add a teaspoon of chia seeds or flaxseeds for additional protein
✨ Add an extra banana for additional calories
✨ Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla essence to make it a vanilla banana protein shake
✨ Add frozen spinach or kale to make it a green banana smoothie
Enjoy This Smoothie As A Vegan Breakfast Smoothie
If you're vegan, this shake can make the perfect breakfast. Just substitute the milk with almond milk and use vegan-friendly protein powder instead of whey powder. You can also get creative by adding in other favourite fruits and seeds such as raspberries and chia seeds for a nutritious start to your day!
If I am making this recipe for my breakfast smoothie, then I always add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, 1 extra banana, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and some frozen spinach
I love using banana in my smoothies and protein smoothie recipes. Check out some more of my favourite banana smoothie recipes. My favourites in this exact order are:
- Chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake
- Raspberry banana smoothie
- The ultimate peanut butter banana smoothie recipe
- Banana and blueberry smoothie
What Blender Should I Use?
Blenders are an essential tool to whip up your high-protein shakes with ease. It’s important to find a blender that meets the needs of your lifestyle and can make the perfect smoothie – not too thin or too thick! Pay attention to brands, noise level, and durability when selecting your blender. Additionally, consider buying accessories such as travel cups or lids. All these factors will help make your protein shake experience successful and enjoyable.
Here are some brands that I recommend and have used myself:
- The Nutribullet. This was my first blender and it is honestly one of the best budget high speed blenders. I used my Nutribullet for close to 10 years to make all of my smoothie recipes. This smoothie has minimal ingredients, thus making the Nutribullet is more than good enough
- Vitamix. I recently upgraded to a Vitamix and it's smoothies are truly amazing. Incredibly smooth, no lumpy pieces, and no issue blending the thicker smoothies
- The Phillips blender that came with my food processor. A basic blender, I find this works just fine!
Don't have a high speed blender?
Thats okay! Don't use frozen banana and the ingredients will blend much easier
Banana Protein Shake. Make This Recipe With Only 4 Ingredients!
- 1-2 small bananas
- 30 grams pure pea protein powder 1 scoop
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1½ cup water or plant milk see blog notes for alternatives
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a drink glass, and sprinkle coconut sugar on top (optional)