Looking for a quick, delicious, and healthy dinner? Look no further than this edamame pasta dish! Made with just a handful of ingredients and ready in only 15-20 minutes, this dish is a surefire crowd-pleaser. Additionally, incase you didn't already realise, it's also vegan!
Collect all of your ingredients
Its time to start cooking one of my favourite edamame pasta recipes!
To make edamame pasta, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 200 grams of baby spinach
- 200 grams of grey oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup of edamame beans (shelled)
- ⅔ packet (140g) of edamame pasta
- Oil or vegetable stock for cooking
- Garlic chilli oil (optional)
To make the creamy edamame pasta sauce you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of soy milk (make sure its creamy / thick)
- ½ cup of cashews
- 1 x garlic cloves (peeled)
- Juice of 1 lemon
Cook the edamame pasta as per packet instructions
Cook the edamame pasta as per the packet instructions. Most edamame pastas take less than 5 minutes to make. Once you have done this, drain the pasta and set aside.
Cook the veggies
Heat oil or veggie stock in pan or large pot. Add garlic and simmer for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and add spinach, stirring until spinach has wilted. Add 2 tablespoon of garlic chilli oil at this step if using.
Defrost edamame beans if using frozen ones
To make this edamame pasta recipe you'll need to make sure that you are using edamame without the shell, also known as shelled edamame. I like to buy frozen shelled edamame, which is relatively inexpensive and available in most grocery stores. To defrost the edamame, leave in the fridge for 8 hours, or you can add to a sieve and soak in water for 5 minutes. Toss the edamame into the large pot or pan with the pasta after cooking the veggies. the warm pan / pot and the hot veggies will warm the edamame. You'll just need to make sure that the edamame beans are completely defrosted before adding to the pan / pot.
Make the creamy edamame pasta sauce
To make the creamy edamame sauce, add all of the ingredients ((1 cup of soy milk, ½ cup of raw cashews, 1 x garlic cloves (peeled), Juice of 1 lemon) to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. To make the pasta sauce extra creamy, make sure to soak the cashews in hot water for 5 minutes before blending.
Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Add the pasta, edamame, and creamy white sauce to the pan / pot with the veggies. Mix with tongs or utensils of your choice until the sauce and edamame are evenly distributed throughout the pasta. Serve and enjoy!
Edamame Pasta Nutrition
Edamame pasta is a nutritious and delicious alternative to traditional grain-based pastas. Made from just one ingredient - edamame beans - this nutritious veggie-based option is high in protein, low in carbohydrates and cholesterol free. It is an excellent source of dietary fibre, containing more than five times the amount found in wheat pasta. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium and folic acid. The inclusion of edamame pasta in any balanced diet can offer numerous health benefits, ranging from improved digestive health to increased energy levels.
What is edamame pasta? And is it gluten free?
Edamame pasta is pasta made from edamame beans. You can buy edamame pasta that is 100% made from edamame and therefore contains no other ingredients, which also makes edamame pasta gluten free. There are several on the market now and generally available in most places.
Is edamame pasta good for you?
Absolutely yes!! Just check out the paragraph above where I discuss the nutrition found in this wonderful wheat free pasta alternative. Not only that, edamame pasta is an excellent source of protein, especially for vegans! When I make this meal as part of my meal prep, one serving contains only 420 calories and 36 grams of protein, which is AMAZING for a vegan meal!
Do you love edamame?
Lets get social!
You can find me on the following apps
Pinterest - This is where you will find all of my recipes!
Instagram - I share a lot of my recipes and a bit more about my personal life
TikTok - I keep it casual on TikTok and like to share some fun content about my experience living in Malaysia as well as try any recipe recommendations my followers ask me try
Easy Edamame Pasta in Under 15 Minutes
- ⅔ packet edamame noodles approx 180 to 200 grams
- 200 grams mushrooms I like to use grey oyster mushrooms
- 200 grams baby spinach
- 1 cup edamame beans shelled
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic chilli oil optional
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable stock for cooking
Creamy White Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup soy milk make sure its a creamy one and not sweet
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 lemon, juice of use a juice press for maximum juice extraction
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- Cook edamame noodles as per packet instructions and set aside.
- Roughly slice or chop the mushrooms.
- Heat a large pan or pot to low heat and add crushed garlic with either cooking oil, vegetable stock, or water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the baby spinach. Toss until wilted. Add garlic chilli oil if using and continue to toss through.
- Add cooked noodles and shelled edamame (if using frozen edamame, make sure the edamame are defrosted. This can be done by running under water for 5 minutes).
- Pour white size into the pan or pot with the noodles, edamame, and veggies. Mix the sauce through using tongs or utensils of choice.
- Serve with additional salt and cracked pepper to taste. Enjoy!