This Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito is the perfect egg free burrito recipe. The ingredients are simple, fresh, and vegan. Have it for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!
What You Need For A Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito
Include the following ingredients on your burrito for maximum flavour:
🌱 Tofu scramble (recipe below)
🌱 2 soft shell burritos
🌱 ⅓ cup of black beans
🌱 ¼ cup of shredded lettuce
🌱 ¼ cup of red onion, chopped
🌱 ½ an avocado
🌱 ¼ cup of coriander
🌱 Cracked pepper & salt
The above quantities makes approximately 2 burritos
How to Make Tofu Scramble
The tofu scramble is what makes this vegan burrito! Omitting eggs from your diet can sometimes be challenging for a new vegan. Luckily this recipe is pretty close to the real thing when it comes to scrambled eggs. Especially once you combine it with the other ingredients, you won't be able to tell the difference! You can read more about the tofu scramble in my blog post here
Tofu Scramble Ingredients
💚 150 g firm tofu
💚 ½ teaspoon turmeric
💚 ¼ teaspoon black salt Kala Nemak
💚 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
💚 ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk
💚 1 tablespoon vegan butter for frying
Tofu Scramble Instructions:
💚 In a small bowl, break apart the firm tofu with a fork
💚 Add the silken tofu to the bowl and mix together with firm tofu
💚 In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy milk, black salt, nutritional yeast, & turmeric
💚 Bring a frypan to high heat and add the vegan butter
💚 Add the tofu mixture & the liquid mixture to the frypan and stir until combined
💚 Turn the heat down to low, and simmer with a cover on for up to 5 minutes, stiring once whilst simmering
💚 Once the tofu has absorbed all of the liquid, turn of heat and serve!
💚 Serve with cracked pepper and salt
How to make your tofu scramble smoother, or like a well cooked scrambled egg?
I love to swap out some of the firm tofu for silken tofu. The combination creates a smoother texture and is more like a runnier scrambled egg.
Firm Tofu Substitute?
You can even swap out 100% of your firm tofu for silken tofu. This will create an ultra smooth tofu scramble. The preference is up to you! As stated before, I like to swap out a small amount of firm tofu for silken tofu. The ratio I like best is 50 grams silken tofu with 100 grams firm tofu (following the same quantities for the rest of the ingredients
Add More Flavour To Your Burrito With...
For maximum flavour, I recommend that you don't skip the coriander. It really makes all the difference! Another thing I love to do is to season the black beans. To season the black beans, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 1-2 teaspoons of ground cumin. Its a small addition with maximum flavour impact!
Are you looking for more vegan breakfast ideas? Why not check out some of my other recipes
You can see all of my breakfast recipes here
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito (Vegan)
- ⅓ cup of black beans
- ½ avocado
- ½ tomato
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ fresh coriander leaves
- 2 large soft burritos
Tofu Scramble Eggs
- 150 grams firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Kala Nemak (black salt)
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter for frying
Prepare Salad Ingredients
- Slice tomato
- Remove coriander leaves from stem and roughly chop
- Lightly mash the avocado
- Rinse canned black beans
- In a small bowl, break apart the firm tofu with a fork
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy milk, black salt, nutritional yeast, & turmeric
- Bring a frypan to high heat and add the vegan butter
- Add the tofu & the liquid mixture to the frypan and stir until combined
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer with a cover on for up to 5 minutes, stiring once whilst simmering
- Once the tofu has absorbed all of the liquid, turn of heat and serve!
- Spread avocado evenly over the soft taco shell
- Add approximately ⅓ of the tofu scramble to each burrito
- Top with tomato, beans, red onion, & coriander
- Add cracked pepper & salt to taste
- Wrap burrito and serve!