This protein mango smoothie recipe is one of the easiest, and tastiest, protein smoothie recipes with powder. And its vegan!
A Healthy Breakfast Protein Smoothie
This homemade protein smoothie is one of the healthiest smoothie recipes you will find. It is easy to make, with minimal ingredients, making it the perfect option for a high protein smoothie for breakfast. The protein content is maximised with 1 scoop of protein powder plus 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Chia seeds are a great addition because they are high in fibre and have many more nutritional benefits.
How Do You Make A Mango Smoothie?
To make this healthy protein smoothie, add the following ingredients to a high speed blender:
💛 1 cup of frozen mango
💛 1 cup of almond milk
💛 1 scoop / 30grams of pea protein
💛 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
💛 ½ teaspoon of stevia or sugar (only if the mango isn't so sweet)
💛 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
💛 A dash of cold water to help the smoothie blend if it’s a little too thick (or more almond milk if not calorie counting)
Press play on the video below to see this smoothie in action!
Calories in a mango smoothie?
This vegan smoothie recipe has 31 grams of protein and only 400 calories per serve. This makes it a great choice as a vegan smoothie recipe for weight loss.
💛 Freeze the mango. This makes your smoothie taste better. Trust me!
💛 If you haven't frozen the mango, add a handful of ice
💛 Use extra sweet mango and you won't need to add any stevia or sugar
💛 Use any plant milk of choice (my preference is almond)
💛 Add a handful of spinach to make it a green smoothie (ultra healthy!)
Looking for more vegan healthy protein smoothies? Why not check out some of my other recipes
Protein Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango without skin
- 1 cup almond milk or any other plant milk
- 30 grams pure pea protein powder 1 scoop
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A dash of cold water or a little extra almond milk to help the smoothie blend if required
- Slice the mango into cube size pieces and freeze (make sure the skin is removed). Keep in the freezer until needed
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add dashes of water or almond if the smoothie is too thick and continue to blend until desired consistency is achieved