Are you looking for a quick and easy way to boost your energy levels and satisfy your taste buds at the same time? Look no further than this simple and nutritious papaya smoothie recipe. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this refreshing smoothie is the perfect way to start your day or recharge after a workout.
I have a passion for tropical fruits and coming up with creative ways to eat them! Check out some of my other recommended ways to eat papaya or why check out my top 13 favourite asian fruits that I believe you should try! If you only have time to read about one tropical fruit then make sure it's the hairy red fruit called rambutan. Also, not surprisingly, I'm a smoothie fanatic with loads of fruit and protein smoothies recipes on my blog too.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Not only is papaya a delicious tropical fruit, but it is also a nutritional powerhouse. Rich in vitamin C, fibre, and folate, papayas have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved digestion, stronger immune system, and healthier skin.
This papaya smoothie recipe is incredibly easy to make. All you need are a few basic ingredients, a blender, and a few minutes to spare. Simply blend together ripe papaya, a spoonful of condensed milk, plant milk, and some ice if you like it cold. The result is a silky smooth and irresistibly tasty smoothie that will keep you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Whether you want a quick breakfast on the go or a refreshing pick-me-up in the afternoon, this simple and nutritious papaya smoothie recipe is sure to hit the spot. Give it a try and experience the health benefits and delicious taste for yourself.
I personally love to have papaya for improved digestion. I find it's an excellent way to keep things regular (if you know what I mean!). Another reason why I love papaya is because it is a less acidic fruit. For me I find it calming for my stomach and it helps greatly with any acid reflux symptoms.
Health Benefits of Papaya
Before we dive into the recipe, let's take a closer look at the health benefits of papayas. This tropical fruit is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help to improve your overall health and wellbeing. Here are just a few of the benefits of adding papayas to your diet:
Papayas contain an enzyme called papain, which can help to break down protein and aid in digestion. This can be especially helpful for those who struggle with digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or acid reflux.
Stronger immune system
Papayas are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system. Vitamin C can help to protect against infections and diseases by boosting the production of white blood cells and antibodies.
The high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants in papayas can also help to promote healthy skin. These nutrients can reduce inflammation, prevent damage from UV rays, and promote collagen production for firmer, smoother skin.
Step by step instructions for a simple papaya smoothie
Now that we know how beneficial papayas can be for our health, let's get started on the recipe. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 small papaya (seeds extracted and skin peeled)
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk (I use a dairy free one, which is much less in calories but still just as sweet!)
- 1-2 cups of plant milk (depends how big the papaya is)
- 1 handful of ice
To make the papaya smoothie
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth!
Variations and substitutions for the recipe
While this recipe is delicious as is, there are plenty of ways to customise it to your liking. Here are a few tips for making your papaya smoothie even more delicious:
- Use maple syrup or agave syrup instead of condensed milk. I use condensed milk to make the smoothie sweet and slightly creamy. If you don't have condensed milk use a combo of plant milk and maple syrup / agave syrup instead.
- Add a splash of coconut cream / milk for a creamier texture (especially if you aren't adding the condensed milk)
- Add a handful of spinach or kale for some extra greens. Although I personally don't ever do this. I love this recipe for its simplicity and milkshake like texture. Adding greens completely changes that.
- Add some frozen fruits to make it a thicker smoothie. Great options include frozen strawberries, mangoes or pineapple.
I hope you enjoyed this papaya smoothie recipe!
If you really loved it (or didn't!) then I'd love to know! Please leave me a review and ask me any questions below!
Also, if you want to follow me on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, or YouTube then go ahead! If you have any private questions for me it's best to send me DM on instagram. At the time of writing this post I only have 5400 followers and I'll definitely see your message on instagram and try my best to respond. Thanks for choosing to follow along!
3 Ingredient Papaya Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups freshly diced papaya skin and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 handful of ice optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds)